Facebook login: Couple of things to remember while www.facebook.com login
Facebook Login Facts:
- Never share you Facebook Homepage Login credentials to anyone. If you are on public computer, don’t click on “Remember me“. Clicking on this feature would allow other guests access to your facebook profile if they happen to use the same computer.
- Check the URL: Always ensure that you are logging into https://www.facebook.com. There are websites that look like facebook, yet they are here to steal login information. A example websites could be facbook.93483x.com
- Always choose a complex password that you can remember.
- Change the Facebook password At-least once every 6 months.
- Make the best of all security features offered by Facebook. Don’t use the same password for your Facebook login and email.
- Never use a proxy website to login to Facebook. There is a change of private information getting stolen while using proxy websites. Also, enabled “https” version of Facebook.
- Don’t click on any spam emails that you get asking for Facebook Password.
- If you are using a PC, ensure that you have installed a trusted antivirus software to keep the spyware (like keylogger tool that steal password) and virus away.
www.facebook.com upgrades in 2011.
A new study showed that Facebook users have closer relationships. The study was conducted by Pew Research Center goes to show that people on Facebook are more likely to trust others easily and have close relationships. And people who don’t have Facebook have only few ties.
Facebook has launched a new login system called “Facebook Login Approvals” that will make members to type a code (Which will be sent to their device). This has been done to prevent unauthorized access to Facebook accounts. This adds an extra step to the already existing username and password verification process. With this code, users will not be able to login until they enter the code to authenticate the device.
Here are the steps for Facebook login
1) If you don’t have a facebook account or already have an account, Go to https://www.facebook.com/ to sign up or login.
You’ll need to provide the following details to sign up.
If you accessing facebook from a public system, please ensure that “Keep me logged in” is unchecked.
2) If you have forgotten your password, Please go to https://www.facebook.com/recover.php
You can identify your account using the following details:
In the News
- Mark Zuckerberg’s page has now over 10 million subscribers on Facebook (Highest for anyone on Facebook) as of December 2011.
- A Brazilian researcher has showed that it is quite possible to “Friend” any stranger on Facebook in less than 24 hours.
- Hackers Target Facebook over 4 million times a week. This was revealed by fb in its blog. More than 1 billion login to Facebook every single day. The hackers mainly target personal messages, photos and other key personal information.
- eBay is all set to introduce a relationship with Facebook. eBay will announce a better integration. The real intention is that, on the websites that allow Facebook Login, more people will use their website as they don’t need to fill a separate form.
- During the Facebook annual conference for software developers, Facebook announced that it is revamping profiles pages. We have seen a lot of changes to Facebook ever since Google+ was introduced a couple of months back. Facebook plans to highlight the milestones in a person’s life. They are calling this the “Timeline“.It will be a large photo that covers the top of the page from one side to the other. Facebook also plans to launch a new version of their app network and it has also partnered with many software companies. It is going to be an epic battle between Facebook and Google+ in the coming days.
- Facebook is expected to reach the magical 1 billion active users soon. That is over 1/10th of the world’s 7 billion population. It is hard to believe that Facebook is only 7 years old. With Google Plus reaching 40 million+ users in just the matter of few months, we are in for a tough competition.
- Facebook has finally removed a controversial feature that allowed Facebook users to get a list of other Facebook users nearby with their GEO feature. This feature was called “Find Friends Nearby“. Facebook claimed that this was just a test feature a few engineers were testing and they did not officially release it. This feature was available under fb.com/ffn
Facebook was the second biggest brand in the web after Google. It came in first under Social Networking and Blog category. The other top brands in the US include Yahoo, MSN, and YouTube. Facebook is also the third top visited destination for videos. The term “Facebook” is was the top searched term on Google.
Facebook ‘Likes‘ could actually get you fired. The legal battle won’t be easy. Facebook ‘Likes‘ should be used sensibly during any election campaign or while clicking on “Like” on products from competitors.
How can you avoid annoying friend’s on Facebook:
- Don’t post too much of your personal issues on your Facebook Wall as status messages.
- Post links to news/articles that are interesting.
- Remember to post great holiday photos. Avoid posting the same type of photo again.
- Posting funny observations can get many people interested.
- Avoid posting anything related to political issue/ content that can hurt the sentiments of certain friends.
- Posting silly status messages too often is a no no.
Facebook IPO went public in Mid May. It was out for $38 per share. It is currently trading below it’s initial IPO ($32.75 as on 9th July 2012). Facebook has rolled out its App Center in Australia, USA, Canada, India, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa and the UK.
App Center bookmark will be available within Facebook apps on iPhone/iPad and Android devices. This app center is expected to help many people discover new and useful mobile/web apps.
If you have any questions on Facebook Login & www.facebook.com, do leave a comment.