If you are ever traveling to Asia, remember that Facebook and twitter are currently blocked in countries like Vietnam and China. 2018 updated! Facebook and Twitter can be accessed in Vietnam by changing the DNS settings to Google’s Public DNS IP addresses.
The Google Public DNS IP addresses are:
You can use either IP address as your primary or secondary DNS server.
Steps in Windows OS
1. Go the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center and then select Manage network connections.
2. Right-click on Local Area Connection, and click on “Properties“. You might be asked for the admin password.
3. Under the “Networking tab“, Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), click Properties.
4. Go to Advanced and select the DNS tab. Note down the DNS server IP addresses is there is anything listed and clear them. You will need this for future reference when you revert it back. Click on “Ok“.
5. Select “Use the following DNS server addresses“. Enter the Google DNS servers: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
6. Restart your connection.
Steps in Mac OS
1. Click on Apple menu on top -> Select “System Preferences“, Click on “Network” under internet and wireless.
If there is a locked icon, click on the locked icon to make changes. You will be asked to enter your Admin password to authenticate.
2. Click on the connection you want to configure the DNS for and click “Advanced“.
For Ethernet connection, select “Ethernet“, Click Advanced -> Select the DNS tab. Click “+” to add Google IP addresses 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 to the top of the list. Click “Apply” and “Ok“.
For Wifi connection, select “Airport“, Click Advanced -> Select the DNS tab. Click “+” to add Google IP addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 to the top of the list. Click “Apply” and “Ok“.
You will now be able to access Facebook and Twitter.